HELP CENTEROrdering & Payment Shipping Returns Product Care FAQ Get in touch Find a Store Terms & Conditions Privacy & Cookies Covid 19 update
We sell directly to consumers in the UK, USA and all EU countries on the inov-8 website. You can also purchase our products through selected retailers internationally, both in-store and online. Our store finder has a full list retailers. Simply type in your location and select your nearest store. if your chosen retailer does not stock the product you require, ask them to place an order with us.
We combine premium quality materials with a highly-skilled manufacturing process. Should any of our products develop a manufacturing or material fault within one year you will be required to return the product to the retailer you purchased the item from for inspection with proof of purchase. This guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage and is conditional upon care instructions being followed. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights in any way. If the retailer, by any chance, have any enquiries about the issue presented, they have their own designated Key Account Manager in our Retail Customer Services, who are at the ready to assist if needed. If the item is purchased directly from inov-8.com, please get in touch with our customer services team via our contact form. For full details please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase from www.inov-8.com you can return it for a refund, provided it is within 30 days of receipt of your order and the item is as new and in original, undamaged packaging. For UK and US customers, to initiate a return, please email Online Returns through our contact us form. For EU and International customers (excluding USA) please use our Global E returns portal, Start your Global-E return here. We reserve the right to refuse refunds for returned items which are not in saleable conditions. You can read more about our returns policy here. If you have purchased your item from a Retailer Partner, you should return the item directly to the Retail Partner where the item was purchased. For items bought with one of inov-8’s Retail Partners, please contact them directly to arrange an exchange or refund.
We sometimes release specific products on our website that are available to pre-order; usually these are exclusive or unique in some way. When they are available to pre-order, the standard ‘add to bag’ option is replaced with a ‘pre-order’ option. Just select your size or variation as normal and hit ‘pre-order’. The item will be added to your bag like any other product from the website – a message alongside the pre-order item will explain when you can expect to receive the item. You can continue shopping or checkout with just the one item using a credit/debit card or PayPal. Once your order has been successful, an order confirmation email will be sent detailing the item/s you’ve purchased. Your account will be debited immediately once the order has been confirmed.
IMPORTANT: if your order contains other items that aren’t pre-order, your order will be dispatched in one shipment, when the pre-order item is available. For example, if you pre-order a pair of shoes that are released in 3 weeks’ time, but also ordered a jacket as part of the same order, your shoes and jacket will be dispatched to arrive in 3 weeks.
Our size guide explains inov-8's footwear and clothing sizing.
We have graded the fit of all our shoes from 1 to 5 to make it easy for you to find the perfect fitting shoe. All our shoes are designed with Met-Cradle technology to lock down the mid-foot for a stable hold. Where they differ is in the toe box.
Grade 1 represents our closest, most precise fit. At the other end of the scale, Grade 5 has the widest fitting toe box.
We have meticulously studied the foot and its function during the gait cycle and also the interaction between the foot and the terrain. We have used this knowledge to develop our fitting scale. For technical footwear a good fit is essential to enhance your performance.
The lower the number on our scale, the narrower the fit, which ensures minimal internal movement of the foot when running fast on technical terrain. Shoes with the higher numbers on our scale will suit athletes with a wider foot and those wanting that extra comfort in the toe box. This wider toe box allows the toes to splay for increased stability when lifting heavy weights. It’s also perfect for longer runs and races when toes begin to swell.
As a rough guide, Grade 1 represents an industry B fit, while Grade 5 equates to a 2E fit in the forefoot.
Our Precision fit shoes: Offers a close-fitting heel that locks the shoe in position, while the forefoot is also close-fitting. This all round precise fit ensures minimal movement when running on all terrains. Precision fit suits those with a narrower forefoot and athletes using the product for short sessions.
In the current range the following shoes are precision fit: X-TALON 212, X-TALON 210, X-TALON 230, OROC 280 V2, MUDCLAW 300, MUDCLAW 300 CLASSIC, F-LITE 195 V2, F-LITE 195 CLASSIC, ARCTICTALON 275
Footwear: Remove the footbed and using cold water hand-wash or rinse them both inside and out. Allow them to dry naturally with the footbed removed. Do not force dry as this can damage the uppers and midsole.
Clothing: Build-up of dirt, grease and body oils on your waterproof garment can contaminate the membrane inside the fabric and affect the breathability of it. In extreme cases this contamination could also cause the fabric to leak. We recommend using Grangers wash and repel solution. The product should be washed at least once every month, more regular if you've been on a long run and been sweating heavily. After each run when the product has got wet, put it in the tumble dryer (not too hot) as this will help reactivate the DWR coating on the outside of the jacket.
Packs: Rinse down with cold water and leave to dry naturally.
For washing and care instructions for the Thermoshell Pro Insulated Jackets please click here
Men's Thermoshell Pro Black Women's Thermoshell Pro Purple Women's Thermoshell Pro Black
Our goal is to tell the stories of sports people who want to discover their edge. Throughout the world our inov-8 ambassadors push their boundaries, seek adventure and provide stacks of content through which we can tell their stories. If you think you have an engaging story that we could tell, please email Marketing though our contact us form.
You can read about our environmental policy here
All of our shoes that do not include leather and/or suede are vegan.
The design of our products is done in both the UK and US offices. Manufacturing is done in China.
- DWR(durable water repellent) - is a coating added to fabrics at the factory to make them water-resistant (or hydrophobic)
- Shanks - Our flexible METS-SHANKS are positioned between the outsole and the midsole in shoe construction. They are designed to align with the foot's metatarsals, allowing the foot to move naturally whilst providing underfoot impact protection.
- PowerFlow - Run effortlessly over any terrain with our unique PowerFlow™ midsole technology. PowerFlow ™ delivers 10% better shock absorption and 15% better energy return than standard midsoles.
- Footbed - The footbed is the inside part of the shoe that runs under the bottom of the foot. A footbed is also sometimes referred to as the insole, inner sole or innersole.
- Drop – The differential height between the heel and the forefoot of the shoe
- Pertex Quantum® is the perfect solution for ultra-light outdoor sports equipment and apparel. The combination of super-fine 22 dtex yarns (1 km of which weighs just 22g) precisely woven to a dense and balanced construction provides the perfect balance of strength to weight ratio. The air permeability is carefully controlled so to optimise the wind resistance and breathability. The surface is treated with a ‘durable water repellent’ (DWR) finish to provide water shedding and increased rate of drying.
- Pertex Equilibrium® has been engineered with a duplex weave construction. Weather protection is provided by a densely woven outer that offers wind resistance and sheds light rain and snow. While a more openly woven inside of the fabric helps to move moisture away from the user, improving the level of comfort.
- Polygiene® is an active odour control technology based on silver salt, a highly effective, naturally occurring anti-bacterial agent. It stops odour-causing bacteria from settling into any material. Without bacterial growth, there’s no need to worry about odour. Engineered to provide fresh-all-day confidence, Polygiene is perfect for people who demand natural odour protection that lasts as long as the garment itself – wash after wash after wash.
- Merino - Merino’s hygroscopic nature generates thermal buffering properties, keeping you cool when hot, and warm when cold, regulating body temperature. The fabric is also slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibres are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness and helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts or adverse weather events.
- HH - hydrostatic headis a way of measuring how waterproof a piece of fabric is. The manufacturer will take a clear tube and clamp their material over the bottom end. They will then fill the tube slowly with water and watch to see how high the column of water can get before the material lets drips through. This is measured in mm.
- B-1 breathability - Breathability or Moisture vapour transmission rate is measured by the rate at which water vapor passes through, in grams of water vapour per square meter of fabric per 24-hour period.
- Stack height – The height of the midsole measure at the forefoot and the heel.
- DUAL-C- A mix of sticky medium and hard sticky rubber on the outsole.
- TRI-C® A mix of soft sticky, hard sticky and endurance rubber on the outsole.
- Sticky–Our exclusive ‘sticky’ rubber outsole compound which has been specially developed using climbing rubber technology. This rubber grips in wet conditions.
- Endurance–Our endurance rubber compound has been formulated for an optimal balance on wear and mixed terrain grip.
- Outsole – The outsole, also known as the sole, is the bottommost part of a shoe that comes in direct contact with the ground.
- Midsole -a layer of material between the inner and outer soles of a shoe, for absorbing shock